Re: linux-next: Tree for June 26

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sat Jun 28 2008 - 10:52:04 EST

* Jaswinder Singh <jaswinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, firmware is same.
>
> Our Firmware blob looks like this...
> u8 firmware_major
> u8 firmware_minor
> u8 firmware_fix
> u8 pad
> __be32 start_address
> __be32 length (total, including BSS sections to be zeroed)
> data... (in __be32 words, which is native for the firmware)
>
> rest of data is same and you can see it manually.
>
> I am surprise why Ingo is using hex dump and he finds different data.
>
> And I did not received any feedback from Ingo yet.

sorry - it was just a drive-by comment i made to Rafael while i reacted
to the x86 portion of his mail - i dont have this tg3 problem myself so
there's nothing i could report or test. I only looked at the patch that
was identified and the tg3FwText[] array appeared to be different - but
as you explain it above, that is OK and the firmware image is the same.

Ingo