Re: [patch 2.6.26-rc8+] mtd: dataflash OTP support

From: David Brownell
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 01:03:38 EST

On Sunday 29 June 2008, Kyungmin Park wrote:
> > +#ifdef CONFIG_MTD_OTP
> > +#define HAVE_OTP
> > +#endif
> > +
> > +#ifdef CONFIG_MTD_ONENAND_OTP
> > +#define HAVE_OTP
> > +#endif
> > +
> > +#ifdef CONFIG_MTD_DATAFLASH_OTP
> > +#define HAVE_OTP
> > +#endif
> > +
>
> How about to add these at Kconfig like this,
>
> config MTD_HAVE_OTP
> bool
> default n
>
> and NOR, OneNAND, and DATAFLASH select MTD_HAVE_OTP if OTP support.

Shouldn't it be HAVE_MTD_OTP?

That'd be prettier, yes. MTD_OTP would have been the obvious
choice for the generic symbol, but that's specific to CFI.
(And for that matter, CFI command set 1 ... I have set 2 chips
that can't yet expose their OTP data!)

I'd rather see that as a separate patch though -- either before
or after this one, I don't much care.

- Dave