Re: [-mmotm] some different buliding failures

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 10:00:27 EST

Hugh Dickins wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Avi Kivity wrote:
I'm sure you have before, but can you remind me how to figure out what commit
to apply mmotm onto? I looked in series and origin.patch, but no luck.
Applying on top of the last (first) commit in origin.patch's head did not
work.

I look at its mm.patch, which today shows

VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 26
-EXTRAVERSION = -rc8
+EXTRAVERSION = -rc8-mm1

which hints that it applies to a 2.6.26-rc8 tree.

Thanks. That worked.

Also, can I suggest including series in b-o.tar.gz?
Nice to have everything in one tarball.

It is included, but (I can't tell you why) one level up.
You should find these three in the directory you extracted
into, I promptly move them down into broken-out itself.

.DATE
.DATE=2008-07-02-04-02
series

Hugh (probably _not_ extracted into your current directory ;)

Thanks 2.

Anyway I've fixed the warnings and will push out the fix shortly.

signature is too narrow to contain.