Re: dsdt buggy acpi

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 12:35:34 EST

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:30:11PM +0000, Justin Mattock wrote:

> Hello; what info is supplied with EFI i.g. I'm using a macbook pro.
> After looking at:
> http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php I was unable to locate
> anything with apple, or at least
> couldn't find the manufacture number.
> If somebody has already done this, I was wondering if it would be O.K.
> if I can attached my dsdt.dsl with the errors,
> and my explanation of what I changed, just so If I did something
> completely wrong

iasl will complain about code that the Linux interpreter will happily
accept. If the only reason you've made changes is that iasl complains,
then it's unlikely that there's any functional difference as a result.
Otherwise, work out which changes fix which Linux bugs and file a bug
at bugzilla.kernel.org against acpi.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx