Re: dsdt buggy acpi

From: Alexey Starikovskiy
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 07:32:33 EST

Justin Mattock wrote:
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:30:11PM +0000, Justin Mattock wrote:

Hello; what info is supplied with EFI i.g. I'm using a macbook pro.
After looking at:
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php I was unable to locate
anything with apple, or at least
couldn't find the manufacture number.
If somebody has already done this, I was wondering if it would be O.K.
if I can attached my dsdt.dsl with the errors,
and my explanation of what I changed, just so If I did something
completely wrong
iasl will complain about code that the Linux interpreter will happily
accept. If the only reason you've made changes is that iasl complains,
then it's unlikely that there's any functional difference as a result.
Otherwise, work out which changes fix which Linux bugs and file a bug
at bugzilla.kernel.org against acpi.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello; I modified dsdt because iasl was complaining, As a result like
what you said
"then it's unlikely that there's any functional difference as a
result" is probably
what I'm seeing. As for a bug report I already have one filed. As to
why I'm messing with
the dsdt, just trying to isolate the problem with the bug I have
already filed., or at least
get a better idea of what is happening. Anyways thanks for the info.
regards;

For difference, you should look for "Darwin", this is how MacOS X identifies itself to hardware.

Regards,
Alex.