Re: [bug?] tg3: Failed to load firmware "tigon/tg3_tso.bin"

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 09:46:37 EST

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 09:39 -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> You have been told repeatedly that cp(1) and scp(1) are commonly used
> to transport the module David and I care about -- tg3. It's been a
> single file module since birth, and people take advantage of that
> fact.

And you can _continue_ to do that. You'd need to install the firmware
just once, and that's all. It's a non-issue, and it isn't _worth_ the
added complexity of building the firmware into the module.

_Especially_ since I strongly suspect you'll come back with an even
sillier argument if we do.

Like claiming that you also run 'grep request_firmware tg3.ko' and your
scripts will fail if it matches...

--
dwmw2