Re: [bug?] tg3: Failed to load firmware "tigon/tg3_tso.bin"

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 16:27:54 EST

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 07:01:56PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 10:30 -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:
> > So on this point I'd side with David, and say that folding "make
> > firmware_install" into "make modules_install" goes a long way towards
> > healing this particular breakage.
>
> make modules_install | tail ...
> INSTALL fs/nfs/nfs.ko
> INSTALL fs/nls/nls_iso8859-1.ko
> INSTALL fs/vfat/vfat.ko
> MKDIR /lib/firmware/acenic
> INSTALL /lib/firmware/acenic/tg2.bin
> MKDIR /lib/firmware/tigon
> INSTALL /lib/firmware/tigon/tg3.bin
> INSTALL /lib/firmware/tigon/tg3_tso.bin
> INSTALL /lib/firmware/tigon/tg3_tso5.bin
> DEPMOD 2.6.26-rc8

I have not followed the threads about firmware - but installing
the firmware on par with modules_install seems like a good idea to me.
I gave the kbuild bits a quick look and they have my:
Acked-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have yet to give all the firmware stuff a detailed review
but that will be when I get time to it.

Sam