Re: pata_it821x completely broken

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 18:04:41 EST

> It complains pretty loudly - something like 3 screens (with framebuffer at
> 1024x768) of errors like this:

Interesting. I need to have a poke at that - it used to work fine but
I've not tested the 821x recently and the HPA code has changed. It
shouldn't be issuing HPA commands in the first place. Added to the TODO
list. The HPA is supposed to be cleared by the driver setup code but if
the newer firmware is faking it then I wonder what it does if we allow
the command through.

> It's BIOS v1.7.1.94, firmware 02093030. Haven't tried waiting for the rebuild
> to complete. It will probably take ages for 400GB drives. I'll try with some
> much smaller drives (something <1GB).

Thanks