Re: All 2.6.26-rcX hang immediately after loading ohci_hcd

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 20:29:43 EST

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, David Brownell wrote:

> I seem to recall some oddness with RHSC on some platforms,
> way back when I had lots of OHCI hardware and did comparative.
> testing. RHSC and RD did not act quite like the docs said ...
>
> Simple experiments: add "distrust_firmware=y" to the ohci
> module options. Or: try a kernel without CONFIG_PM enabled.

I think Andrey said he was leaving for a week, so I don't think he'll be
testing now.

But Andrey - if you are on-line and have access to the machine, one thing
to try would be to just do a

git revert e872154921a6b5

in case it really was that particular commit. It seems to revert cleanly
(although I didn't actually check if the result then compiled/worked).

And a "git bisect" would obviously be wonderful in case it wasn't.

Linus