Re: 2.6.26-rc9: Reported regressions from 2.6.25

From: Rene Herman
Date: Sun Jul 06 2008 - 18:09:15 EST

On 06-07-08 23:56, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

BTW, the automated emails I'm sending are to let the reporters know
that I'm interested in the current status of the bug. They are free
not to reply to them, but in that case I assume they don't really
care whether or not I'm tracking the bugs they reported.

I did/do wonder by the way when I get them if I should be replying if the status is unchanged from my viewpoint...

I believe your automated emails say something like "please verify if this problem is still relevant" but don't spell out what do after you
verified that it is. It's sort of natural to take that as "I need to reply telling people it's fixed if it is but can remain silent if nothing changed".

Being more explicit about liking a reporter to report "yes, nothing changed" would probably be good if that IS what's wanted.

Rene.