Re: [BUG] While changing the cpufreq governor, kernel hits a bugin workqueue.c

From: Nageswara R Sastry
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 05:50:59 EST

Hi Johannes,
[ INFO: possible circular locking dependency detected ]
2.6.25.7.cpufreq_patch #2
[...]
Okay, the problem is in cpufreq_conservative.c. We
cancel_delayed_work_sync() while holding the mutex, but the work itself
tries to grab it and there it deadlocks; lockdep caught that right.

The hunk for _ondemand is correct, but the one for _conservative is
obviously wrong, sorry :/

I will whip something up and get back to you. Thanks a lot for
testing!

Could you try the attached patch instead of the one above?

Dave, I dropped the mutex-grabbing from the conservative worker function
as well as I don't see a reason for it, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hannes

The script is running now for more than 6 hours successfully, I will continue this and let you know if there are any failures.

* I am seeing the circular locking dependency with the above patch too.

Thanks!!
Regards
R.Nageswara Sastry