Re: 2.6.27-rc7-git1: usb-storage breakage with non-functional disk

From: Alan Stern
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 10:11:38 EST

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Indan Zupancic wrote:

> On Tue, July 8, 2008 15:00, Indan Zupancic wrote:
> > Any idea why my cardreader doesn't work in the first place though?
>
> In case it's useful, an usbmon dump can be found at http://pastebin.org/49630
> This is the log of plugging in the thing and unplugging it again after it failed.
> Corresponding dmesg output with USB and usb-storage debugging enabled at
> http://pastebin.org/49631. This is on 2.6.26-rc9 with Alan's patch applied.

The logs reveal only that this doesn't seem to be a software- or
firmware-related problem. And it probably isn't a problem in the cable
either, which leaves only the reader or its USB interface.

It might work better at full speed than at high speed (although you
probably don't want to use it in a degraded mode).

Alan Stern