Re: [GIT PULL] Userlib integration patches

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 03:00:55 EST

* Glauber Costa <gcosta@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ingo, please pull the latest master git tree from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/glommer/linux-2.6-x86-integration.git master
>
> It is based on your tip/master tree, and contains an update to the
> userlib integration according to the mailing list discussions. You
> should be able to wipe out the previous branch, and put this one on
> instead.

i've applied these changes to tip/x86/unify-lib:

Glauber Costa (42):
x86: don't use size specifiers.
x86: provide delay loop for x86_64.
x86: use rdtscll in read_current_timer for i386.
x86: explicitly use edx in const delay function.
x86: integrate delay functions.
x86: don't clobber r8 nor use rcx.
x86: don't use word-size specifiers.
x86: adapt x86_64 getuser functions.
x86: rename threadinfo to TI.
x86: don't use word-size specifiers on getuser_64.
x86: introduce __ASM_REG macro.
x86: use _ASM_PTR instead of explicit word-size pointers.
x86: merge getuser asm functions.
x86: don't save ebx in putuser_32.S.
x86: user put_user_x instead of all variants.
x86: clobber rbx in putuser_64.S.
x86: pass argument to putuser_64 functions in ax register.
x86: change testing logic in putuser_64.S.
x86: replace function headers by macros.
x86: don't use word-size specifiers in putuser files.
x86: use macros from asm.h.
x86: merge putuser asm functions.
x86: commonize __range_not_ok.
x86: change asm constraint.
x86: introduce likely in macro.
x86: use long instead of int.
x86: use something common for both architectures.
x86: merge common parts of uaccess.
x86: merge getuser.
x86: move __addr_ok to uaccess.h.
x86: use k modifier for 4-byte access.
x86: mark x86_64 as having a working WP.
x86: don't always use EFAULT on __put_user_size.
x86: merge __put_user_asm and its user.
x86: don't always use EFAULT on __get_user_size.
x86: merge __get_user_asm and its users.
x86: be more explicit in __put_user_x.
x86: turn __put_user_check directly into put_user.
x86: merge put_user.
x86: move __get_user and __put_user into uaccess.h.
x86: put movsl_mask into uaccess.h.
x86: define architectural characteristics in uaccess.h.

thanks Glauber, the finegrained splitup looks really nice!

I had to rebase the series because it interacted with some other patches
(such as the unification of tsc_[32|64].c => tsc.c). It's being tested
right now, will push it out into tip/master later today if everything
goes fine.

Ingo