Re: [RFC 00/15] x86_64: Optimize percpu accesses

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 13:45:12 EST

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Did the suspected linker bug issue ever get resolved?

I don't believe so. I think Mike is getting very early crashes depending on some combination of gcc, linker and kernel config. Or something.

This fragility makes me very nervous. It seems hard enough to get this stuff working with current tools; making it work over the whole range of supported tools looks like its going to be hard.