Re: [patch] tip/x86_64: fix e820 merge issue which broke max_pfn_mapped

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 15:04:03 EST

Suresh Siddha wrote:
On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 11:11:36AM -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Yinghai Lu wrote:
try to reduce #ifdef CONFIG_X86_64/32, and make 32/64 at the same page.

could be some regression from early_io_remap unifying from jeremy

please check attached revert patch.
Could my patch "x86_64: there's no need to preallocate
level1_fixmap_pgt" be a problem in itself? It seems sound to me, but

Yep. Reverting it made my system with 2GB memory boot fine again.

Great. Ingo, would you do the honours of shooting that patch?

none of my other code has any functional dependency on it; it's really
just cosmetic.

have you test booted it before making this cosmetic change? :)

Sure, works for me ;)