Re: bug in 2.6.26-rc9: sleeping function called from invalid contextat kernel/rwsem:21

From: Giacomo A. Catenazzi
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 05:50:06 EST

Vegard Nossum wrote:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Giacomo A. Catenazzi <cate@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

yesterday at shutdown I had a crash. Unfortunately it seems
that there was one (or more) oops missing. The bug appeared
at unmounting partition at shutdown, so there are no logs
of the previous messages.

Thanks for the report.

It would be really useful to know which filesystems you are/were
using, including virtual filesystems like sysfs. Maybe you are using
ecryptfs or FUSE?

(It would also be interesting to see if you could run
/etc/rc0.d/S40umountfs while the machine is up, to see if you can get
the segfault but keep the machine usable enough to get the whole log.)

At home, my disks are only ext2.
sysfs, procfs and other system fs and /dev/* mount points are not
umounted in /etc/rc0.d/S40umountfs.

By a quick look (I'm not at home), it seems that on my home computer
only ext2 fs are umounted by /etc/rc0.d/S40umountfs.

As I said, the bug doesn't seems reproducible,
but I'll try harder later.

At subsequent boot, the unclean fs were: / /var and /usr,
Checking was done without error messages, so I think no busy
or opened files at time of crash.

Note: at the boot, one filesystem was checked (after 30+x),
I think it was /home. But I really think it is unrelated
(but it means that some of the other fs have a boot count > 30)

ciao
cate