Re: v2.6.26-rc9: kernel BUG at kernel/sched.c:5858!

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 09:04:46 EST

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Dmitry Adamushko
<dmitry.adamushko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/7/10 Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Looks like CPU hotplug still has some problems. Just got this on
>>> latest mainline, and I couldn't find the exact same report on LKML
>>> or kerneloops, maybe it can be helpful for debugging the existing
>>> problem(s)?

[...]

> Does a patch from Miao Xie available via the link below makes this
> problem disappear? Both bugs are likely to have the same cause.
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/7/7/75

Yep, it does, nice, thanks!

Will these two patches (yours and Miao Xie's) be queued for 2.6.26 already?

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it