Re: [RFC 00/15] x86_64: Optimize percpu accesses

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 16:32:18 EST

Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Secondly, I depend on it. I register a percpu structure with Xen to share
> per-vcpu specific information (interrupt mask, time info, runstate stats, etc).

Note. That I expect at least something like this is interesting in the context
per cpu device queues. However except possibly for Xen that implies allocating
DMA addressable memory and going through that API, which will keep device drivers
from using per cpu memory that way even if the allocating something for each cpu?

Eric