Re: v2.6.26-rc9: kernel BUG at kernel/sched.c:5858!

From: Dmitry Adamushko
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 07:46:38 EST

2008/7/11 Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx>:
> [ ... ]
>
> Ok, now I tested it on my laptop (sorry, no serial console :-)) and I
> get a spinlock recursion.

Not reproduceable without my debugging patch and with Miao's?

> Sorry for bad pics, but it's the best I can
> do with the camera at hand:
>
> http://folk.uio.no/vegardno/linux/DSC04925.JPG
> http://folk.uio.no/vegardno/linux/DSC04926.JPG
> http://folk.uio.no/vegardno/linux/DSC04927.JPG (probably best pic, but
> some of the msg is cut off, see pic #1 instead)
>
> Should I use Miao Xie's patch as well?

My debugging patch already includes it.

Ok, so this initial problem is reproduceable on your laptop? I did try
to get it on my dual-core laptop without success. Maybe you could send
me your config-spec (offline) and your test scripts?
Then we could stop crashing your PCs :-)

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Adamushko