Re: All 2.6.26-rcX hang immediately after loading ohci_hcd

From: Alan Stern
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 10:16:38 EST

[If nobody minds, after this message I will remove everything except
linux-usb from the CC: list.]

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> On Sunday 06 July 2008, Alan Stern wrote:
> > There doesn't seem to be much choice.
> >
> > As I recall, the consequences of leaving the old code were that
> > sometimes a suspend or a resume wouldn't work as expected. That's
> > better than hanging the entire system -- but on the other hand, it
> > would affect more people.
> >
> > Andrey, when you have time I'd like to do some more debugging to find
> > out exactly what's going wrong.
> >

> Let me know what you need. I am still running rc8 but may update if needed.

That's good; it'll help initially to test a system with the bug
present.

To start with, add a printk near the start of ohci_irq() in ohci-hcd.c.
Have it display in hex the value of "ints", immediately after the
ohci_readl() call.

Alan Stern