Re: current linux-2.6.git: cpusets completely broken

From: Paul Menage
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 15:37:00 EST

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The result of having CPUSETS enabled as above is a 100% reproducible
> BUG on the very first cpu hot-unplug:
>
> ------------[ cut here ]------------
> kernel BUG at xxx/linux-2.6/kernel/sched.c:5859!

That doesn't quite match up with any BUG in 2.6.26-rc9 - what tree is
this last crash based on?

> Also, this is on the latest linux-2.6.git! Since we're so close to
> release, maybe cpusets should simply be marked BROKEN for now? (Unless
> we can fix it, of course. The alternative is to apply Miao Xie's
> workaround patch temporarily.)

If we were going to mark anything as broken, wouldn't cpu-hotplug be
the more appropriate victim? I suspect that there are more systems
using cpusets in production environments than using cpu hotplug. But
as you say, fixing it sounds better.

Paul