Re: PCI-ISA Bridge not operating

From: Jordan Crouse
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 16:49:51 EST

On 11/07/08 16:31 -0400, David Brigada wrote:

<snip>
> >> That *is* puzzling. When I do lspci, the entry for the IT8888G does not
> >> appear. I don't have much experience with PCI internals. Would that be
> >> because there is no driver for it in the kernel, or is there something
> >> more insidious afoot?
> >
> > Well - the first step would be to get a dmesg output. if the kernel
> > is doing anything to the device at all, the dmesg will show it.
>
> The dmesg output doesn't have anything related to the device. I have
> attached my dmesg output for completeness. Ignore the last four lines,
> that's my testing. The PCI ID of the IT8888G is 1283:8888.

Okay - interesting. Can you try lcpci with direct hardware access?
By default lspci only lists those devices that Linux found and
enumerated. Direct hardware access does the CF8/CFC dance. If
we find it that way, then its a hunt to figure out why Linux silently
discarded it. Also, check the I/O ports you are trying to access in
/proc/ioports to see if anybody has claimed them.

Jordan