Re: current linux-2.6.git: cpusets completely broken

From: Dmitry Adamushko
Date: Sat Jul 12 2008 - 07:08:10 EST

2008/7/12 Miao Xie <miaox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> [ ... ]
>
> My explanation:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/7/7/75
> this bug occurred on the kernel compiled with CONFIG_CPUSETS=y.
>
> As Dmitry said in the following mail, modifying try_to_wake_up() to fix this bug
> is not perfect. Maybe we need update the sched domain before migrating tasks.
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/7/7/94
>
> So I remake a patch to fix this bug by updating the sched domain when a cpu is in
> CPU_DOWN_PREPARE state.
>
> I think Vegard Nossum's patch is not so good because it is not necessary to detach
> all the sched domains when making a cpu offline.

(that was my "not so good" patch :-)

Yes, maybe. OTOH, your patch does it in a more drastic way which
should be analyzed more carefully.
Perhaps, for .27 but that's just my 2 cents.

Plus, rebuild_sched_domains() has to be called only for cpu-hotplug events.

(I guess it just shows once more that common_cpu_mem_hotplug_unplug()
should be re-designed a bit)

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Adamushko