Re: current linux-2.6.git: cpusets completely broken

From: Dmitry Adamushko
Date: Sat Jul 12 2008 - 19:05:42 EST

2008/7/13 Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx>:
> O Master Penguin,
>
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Assuming I didn't do anythign stupid, of course, which is why it would
>> definitely need much more testing. And especially if Vegard can test it
>> with the case that oopsed for him due to the bad migration..
>
> Your patch has been tested and found to be working!

Are you sure that you have removed my patch or the one from Miao? I
would be really surprised if this patch works without them. Linus has
updated sched_migrate_task() which is used _only_ by sched_exec() ---
this is not the path that leads to this bug. try_to_wake_up() -> ...
-> wake_idle() does not see "cpu_active_map".

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Adamushko