Re: [Cbe-oss-dev] [regression/bisected] corrupt CD data aftermedia change and delay

From: James Bottomley
Date: Sun Jul 13 2008 - 09:34:15 EST

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 14:08 +0200, Alessandro Suardi wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Alessandro Suardi
> sr0: rw=0, want=3291928, limit=2097151
> [asuardi@sandman sdlmame0126]$ h | grep siz
> 958 cat /sys/block/sr0/size
> 1031 h | grep siz
> [asuardi@sandman sdlmame0126]$ !958
> cat /sys/block/sr0/size
> 6993536
>
> <eject, remount DVD>
>
> [asuardi@sandman sdlmame0126]$ !mount
> mount -r /cdrom
> [asuardi@sandman sdlmame0126]$ cat /sys/block/sr0/size
> 6993536
>
> <now everything works fine>
>
> Possibly a new bug then - since size is always the same ?

It looks like a re-manifestation of Geert's bug.

You said everything worked in -rc7, and there actually have been no sr
changes at all between then and now, so I'm a bit confused as to how it
could reappear. Could you try a bisection search for it (first
re-verify -rc7 is OK, just in case that's a false negative).

Thanks,

James