need help to enable ARM AMBA PL031 RTC

From: Hebbar
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 06:43:26 EST

I all,

I am working on customized arm versatile board and i am trying to use ARM
AMBA PL031 RTC.

i enabled CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PL031=y

But the date never changes or updates.

/ # cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/time
00:00:00

When i went through the Ref Manual of ARM AMBA PL031 RTC i found that we
need to enable or set high to RTC START bit (bit 0) in RTC Control Register
( 0x0C ).

but in rtc-pl031.c, RTC_START is no where set in RTC CONTROL Register.

I think we need to enable it in rtc_probe func after rtc_device_register
returns success.

#define RTC_CR_MIE (1 << 0)

__raw_writel(RTC_CR_MIE, ldata->base + RTC_CR);

Kindly Comment.

Regards
Gururaja