Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at000000000000000e (reset_prng_context)

From: Alexey Dobriyan
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 17:52:33 EST

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 01:44:07PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
>
> > i have just triggered this crash too. Please, when you know about bootup
> > crashes in your code send a patch to the lkml thread so that people can
> > apply it and have a working system.
> >
> > Note that the new crypto/prng.c driver has very bad quality:
> >
> > total: 45 errors, 21 warnings, 1 checks, 410 lines checked
> >
> > It has tons of completely unacceptable code mistakes in it.
>
> I think we should merge new drivers as aggressively as possible.

Well, I don't have strong opinion about this exact statement, but

Ingo, COULD YOU PLEASE PERSONALLY FUCKING STOP THIS
CHECKPATCH.PL-AS-INDICATOR HORSESHIT !

Every damn single warning in this case is about whitespace or 80 column limit.

Every damn single one!

The hacker of your calibre should know the difference between whitespace-bad code
and bug-ridden-bad code.

What are those unacceptable mistakes?

Don't read the code again, what are those mistakes?

I _very_ briefly looked at prng.c and place I find wrong it passing
"int nbytes" to get_prng_bytes(). It should be unsigned at least.

checkpatch.pl says about this? Suuuure, it does...