Re: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 18:42:34 EST

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:28:44PM +0200, pageexec@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Ted, the discussion is *not* about what the best disclosure policy
> would be for the kernel. the problem i raised was that there's one
> declared policy in Documentation/SecurityBugs (full disclosure) yet
> actual actions are completely different and now Linus even admitted
> it.

Huh?

How does what is described there differ from what Linus said, or the
-stable team has been doing so far?

What specifically are you asking for that is different?

The -stable commits are exactly the same as they are in mainline
(Linus's tree). Are you upset by the fact that I am not saying, "Hey,
look, here's a bugfix that might be security related and here's how to
reproduce it!" in big flashing letters?

thanks,

greg k-h