Re: 2.6.26-rc9-git9 doesn't boot on Macintel

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 20:27:58 EST

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Jack Howarth
<howarth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Justin,
> Could you try the following. I find that if I download the
> current boot.iso image for rawhide (which is around 107Mb)
> and burn it onto a cd that I see the same exact hang under
> i386 on my MacBook Pro. You can download the image from...
>
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/development/i386/os/images/
>
> I booted directly to the CD with the C key depressed on startup
> and selected the F5 option to enter linux rescue mode. You should
> find that as the linux kernel is booted for that mode that the
> hang will occur.
> Jack
> ps The current rawhide is based on 2.6.26 of course.
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 07:52:08PM +0000, Justin Mattock wrote:
>> Hello;
>> did you have a chance to try my .config
>> to see if this was just a simple .config issue?
>> keep in mind there are some unneeded
>> modules in this .config, just been too lazy
>> to clean my .config, if you need a clean .config
>> go here:http://www.odi.ch/prog/macbookpro/index.php
>> anyways hope this is only the issue you are facing.
>> regards;
>>
>> --
>> Justin P. Mattock

Ah I see, so this is from a fresh .iso image
I can give you're suggestion a try(need to locate a blank cd)
keep in mind the .iso might not have x86 support i.g.
I use nubuntu(why: it's small) one of the problems I was facing was
the alpha release, which did not support x86(when using that .iso image
it would start booting and then spit out a bunch of messages vertically,
but a few month's later they released there .iso with support thus
giving me the opportunity to use it.
This might be what you are dealing with.
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock