Re: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 00:22:51 EST

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Tiago Assumpcao wrote:

> You do not hesitate in categorizing yourself as something as obscure as...
> what's that term again? "Expert". But then you fail on basic pragmatism when
> attempting to define what, nearly always, is a true or false question?

I would suggest you maintain your own kernel version, since you're so
obviously more competent at it than we are.

Then, when you inevitably show your superiority, people will start using
your version of the kernel. That's the point of open source, after all. It
keeps us all honest - at any point, we can be overtaken by somebody
better.

I've actually been waiting for this moment for over fifteen years now:
finding that person who can take over so that I don't have to bother any
more. I'll continue to do my own maintenance in parallel while you get up
to speed, but I expect that everybody will have dropped my feeble efforts
soon enough, so you can probably just ignore that.

Thanks,

Linus