Re: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10

From: pageexec
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 05:03:40 EST

On 15 Jul 2008 at 20:13, Greg KH wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:10:19PM -0300, Tiago Assumpcao wrote:
> >
> > All I ask for is to receive the "There are updates available." message as
> > soon as one security problem is reported, understood and treated by your
> > development part. And that is, the sooner possible, if you please.
>
> Do we not already do this today? I know I do this as soon as possible
> for any reported problem for the -stable tree, as soon as the fix is in
> Linus's tree.
>
> See the 2.6.25.11 release for an example of this.

very good example of how you actually do *not* do what you claim. find me
the word 'security' in your announcement. it's not there. amazing, isn't it.
despite what your fellow -stable maintainer claimed *he* would at least do
(and regularly tries to do so in fact). despite what you yourself did on
other occasions (remember 2.6.23.8?). what's wrong with you Greg? have you
not been told and proven to cover up security bugs enough times already?

cheers,
PaX Team