Re: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10

From: pageexec
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 15:11:55 EST

On 16 Jul 2008 at 14:08, Theodore Tso wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 07:25:17PM +0200, pageexec@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > if you are not qualified to do this job then don't do it. noone forced
> > you to accept this task. look at Chris Wright, he has no problems with
> > disclosing the security issues and he actually publicly pledged to do
> > his best to do so (and i hope he won't revert his position now).
>
> News flash: You have no right to tell someone what to do --- or not to
> do.

but you have the right to tell me what rights i have. very smart ;)
newsflash: try to parse the 'if... then' structure as not command
but conditional.

> All you can get to make decisions on is what you choose to do
> yourself. If you want to compete with the very good job that Greg KH
> is doing, please feel free to do so.

in a sense, i've been doing that for many years now, years before
-stable or even 2.6 was born. the result is in PaX, and unfortunately,
it's become quite a sizable chunk of it, fixing various problems in
linux.

> Otherwise, please go away and perhaps take some classes or do some
> meditating on how to work with other people in a more constructive
> fashion.

yes, learning manners on this list is really the best advice you can
give me. you mean, like this: http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/17/244 ?