[git pull] PCI pull request for 2.6.27

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 19:39:39 EST

Please consider pulling my linux-next branch:
git pull git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6.git linux-next

I'm open to suggestions here about a couple of caveats with this pull:
- it's not merged up to master (though the conflicts are fairly trivial,
you can check out my linux-next-merge branch to see how I handled them)
- it contains a revert for a patch I thought might be ready but have since
chickened out on. I didn't want to rebase since I'm carrying some
changes from the ACPI tree

But if you're ok with that, please pull away. Diffstat & shortlog below.
Note that the diffstat is actually from my linux-next-merge tree since my
master branch is up-to-date but my linux-next branch isn't, but it should
be pretty close to what you end up with after you merge.

Thanks,
Jesse

Adrian Bunk (4):
PCI: make {pciehp,shpchp}_slot_with_bus static
PCI: drivers/pci/pci.c: add prototypes
PCI: remove CVS keywords
PCI: remove unused arch pcibios_update_resource() functions

Alex Chiang (4):
PCIe: fix 'symbol not declared' sparse warnings
PCI: construct one fakephp slot per PCI slot
PCI: introduce pci_slot
PCI: ACPI PCI slot detection driver

Alok Kataria (1):
x86/PCI: ACPI based PCI gap calculation

Bjorn Helgaas (3):
PCI: use dev_printk when possible
PCIE: aer: use dev_printk when possible
PCIE: port driver: use dev_printk when possible

David Brownell (1):
ACPI PM: acpi_pm_device_sleep_state() cleanup

David Howells (2):
PCI: fix pci_setup_device()'s sprinting into a const buffer
Fix acpi_pm_device_sleep_wake() by providing a stub for CONFIG_PM_SLEEP=n

Gary Hade (1):
PCI: boot parameter to avoid expansion ROM memory allocation

Greg Kroah-Hartman (2):
PCI: handle pci_name() being const
PCI: make pci_name use dev_name

Hidetoshi Seto (1):
PCI/MSI: skip calling pci_find_capability from msi_set_mask_bits

Jean Delvare (1):
PCI: Unhide the SMBus on the Compaq Evo D510

Jesse Barnes (6):
PCI: update location of PCI hotplug mailing lists
Merge branch 'suspend' of git://git.kernel.org/.../lenb/linux-acpi-2.6 into linux-next
x86/PCI: fixup early quirk probing
PCI: fixup kdoc blocks for hotplug functions
PCI: correct resource number in debug output
Revert "x86/PCI: ACPI based PCI gap calculation"

Julia Lawall (1):
PCI: eliminate double kfree in intel-iommu initialization

Kenji Kaneshige (19):
pci-acpi: remove duplicate code for _OSC
pci-acpi: use local buffer for _OSC
pci-acpi: add flag to indicate query had been done
pci-acpi: remove unused variable in __pci_osc_support_set
pci-acpi: formatting cleanups for _OSC
pciehp: remove redundant pci_dev initialization
pciehp: evaluate _OSC/OSHP before controller init
pciehp: block signals while waiting for command completion
shpchp: check firmware before taking control
pciehp: fixes typo in dbg_ctrl() in pciehp_hpc.c
pciehp: removes redundant NULL write to slot status register
pciehp: fix typo in hpc_release_ctlr
pciehp: cleanup pcie_poll_cmd
pciehp: change command polling frequency
pciehp: remove inline from command related functions
Remove unnecessary 'tmp' variable from pci_hp_register().
pciehp: fix interrupt initialization
pciehp: remove needless command completed interrupt setting
pciehp: use get_service_data

Krzysztof Helt (1):
PCI: unhide the SMBus on the Compaq Deskpro EN

Matthew Wilcox (1):
x86/PCI: Fix PCI config space for domains > 0

Miklos Vajna (1):
x86/PCI: janitor work in irq.c

Ming Lei (1):
PCI: remove unnecessary volatile in PCIe hotplug struct controller

Rafael J. Wysocki (16):
Suspend/Resume bug in PCI layer wrt quirks
Introduce new top level suspend and hibernation callbacks
PCI: implement new suspend/resume callbacks
Implement new suspend and hibernation callbacks for platform busses
PCI ACPI: Drop the second argument of platform_pci_choose_state
ACPI PM: Remove obsolete Toshiba workaround
Suspend-related patches for 2.6.27
ACPI: Introduce acpi_bus_power_manageable function
PCI: Introduce platform_pci_power_manageable function
PCI: rework pci_set_power_state function to call platform first
ACPI: Introduce acpi_device_sleep_wake function
ACPI: Introduce new device wakeup flag 'prepared'
PCI ACPI: Rework PCI handling of wake-up
PCI PM: Introduce pci_prepare_to_sleep and pci_back_from_sleep
PCI: Simplify PCI device PM code
PCI PM: Fix pci_prepare_to_sleep

Randy Dunlap (1):
PCI: add stub for pci_set_consistent_dma_mask()

Robert P. J. Day (1):
PCI: Replace deprecated __initcall with device_initcall.

Stephen Rothwell (1):
PCI: include linux/pm_wakeup.h for device_set_wakeup_capable

Wang Chen (1):
PCI: Fix comment of pci_dynids

Yinghai Lu (2):
PCI/x86: write_pci_config_byte fix offset
PCI/x86: early dump pci conf space v2

Zhao Yakui (1):
PCI: Disable PME during PCI scan

Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt | 9 +-
MAINTAINERS | 12 +-
arch/frv/mb93090-mb00/pci-frv.c | 30 -
arch/m68knommu/kernel/comempci.c | 9 -
arch/mips/pmc-sierra/yosemite/ht.c | 36 --
arch/sh/drivers/pci/pci.c | 32 --
arch/sparc64/kernel/pci.c | 2 +-
arch/x86/kernel/acpi/sleep.c | 2 +
arch/x86/kernel/apm_32.c | 8 +-
arch/x86/kernel/early-quirks.c | 26 +-
arch/x86/kernel/setup.c | 5 +
arch/x86/pci/common.c | 30 +-
arch/x86/pci/early.c | 60 ++-
arch/x86/pci/irq.c | 258 ++++++---
arch/x86/pci/pci.h | 3 +-
drivers/acpi/Kconfig | 9 +
drivers/acpi/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/acpi/bus.c | 22 +
drivers/acpi/glue.c | 2 +
drivers/acpi/pci_slot.c | 368 ++++++++++++
drivers/acpi/power.c | 138 ++++--
drivers/acpi/scan.c | 42 +--
drivers/acpi/sleep/main.c | 328 +++++++-----
drivers/acpi/sleep/wakeup.c | 13 +-
drivers/base/platform.c | 296 ++++++++++-
drivers/base/power/main.c | 675 ++++++++++++++++++-----
drivers/base/power/power.h | 2 +-
drivers/base/power/sysfs.c | 3 -
drivers/base/power/trace.c | 4 +-
drivers/pci/Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/acpi_pcihp.c | 85 +++-
drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp.h | 1 -
drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp_core.c | 25 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp_glue.c | 23 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp_ibm.c | 6 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/cpci_hotplug_core.c | 2 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp_core.c | 4 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/fakephp.c | 86 +--
drivers/pci/hotplug/ibmphp_ebda.c | 3 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/pci_hotplug_core.c | 284 ++++------
drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp.h | 16 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_core.c | 127 ++----
drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_hpc.c | 318 +++++------
drivers/pci/hotplug/rpadlpar_sysfs.c | 5 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/rpaphp_slot.c | 44 +--
drivers/pci/hotplug/sgi_hotplug.c | 12 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp.h | 14 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp_core.c | 37 +-
drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp_hpc.c | 1 -
drivers/pci/intel-iommu.c | 1 -
drivers/pci/msi.c | 22 +-
drivers/pci/pci-acpi.c | 277 +++++-----
drivers/pci/pci-driver.c | 388 ++++++++++++--
drivers/pci/pci.c | 479 ++++++++++++-----
drivers/pci/pci.h | 48 ++-
drivers/pci/pcie/aer/aerdrv.c | 9 +-
drivers/pci/pcie/aer/aerdrv_acpi.c | 8 +-
drivers/pci/pcie/aer/aerdrv_core.c | 24 +-
drivers/pci/pcie/portdrv_bus.c | 1 +
drivers/pci/pcie/portdrv_core.c | 22 +-
drivers/pci/pcie/portdrv_pci.c | 5 +-
drivers/pci/probe.c | 38 +-
drivers/pci/proc.c | 4 +-
drivers/pci/quirks.c | 134 ++++--
drivers/pci/setup-bus.c | 43 +-
drivers/pci/setup-irq.c | 3 +-
drivers/pci/setup-res.c | 70 ++--
drivers/pci/slot.c | 233 ++++++++
drivers/pnp/pnpacpi/core.c | 4 +-
include/acpi/acpi_bus.h | 12 +-
include/acpi/acpi_drivers.h | 4 +-
include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h | 6 +
include/asm-x86/pci-direct.h | 4 +
include/linux/acpi.h | 3 +
include/linux/device.h | 9 +
include/linux/pci.h | 57 ++-
include/linux/pci_hotplug.h | 14 +-
include/linux/pci_regs.h | 1 +
include/linux/platform_device.h | 1 +
include/linux/pm.h | 314 ++++++++++-
include/linux/pm_wakeup.h | 28 +-
include/linux/suspend.h | 14 +-
kernel/power/disk.c | 50 ++-
kernel/power/main.c | 16 +-
lib/kobject.c | 1 +
create mode 100644 drivers/acpi/pci_slot.c
create mode 100644 drivers/pci/slot.c