Re: latest -git: A peculiar case of a stuck process (ext3/sched-related?)

From: Duane Griffin
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 15:59:54 EST

2008/7/18 Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx>:
> (This patch looks much shorter than the one I found for ext2, though,
> i.e. commit aa4f3f285643956bb614cf7b8f88e15f3a375886 from the
> historical git repository. Does it fix all the right cases? I don't
> mean to troll -- I just wanted to be sure you knew about it.)

Ah, the historical git archive, that explains why I couldn't find it!
Please, don't worry about being seen as trolling, I didn't know about
that commit and I appreciate the heads-up and your attention to this
in general.

I've just taken a look at it and where I could find the corresponding
ext3 code it all looked OK. The only change the commit makes that I
couldn't verify was to ext2_add_link, as I couldn't immediately spot
where the corresponding ext3 functionality is.

Having said that, as I mentioned in the comment to that patch, there
may well be similar problems still lurking. I tried to fix up all the
dodgy looking cases at first, but I screwed up and just introduced
more problems. After that it seemed safer to do a minimal fix and to
address other similar issues as and when we got test-cases for them.
With the sterling efforts of yourself and Sami we'll hopefully get
them sooner or later.

> I'll try it and report back if there's any trouble. Thanks,

Thanks!

> Vegard

Cheers,
Duane.

--
"I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan