Re: From 2.4 to 2.6 to 2.7?

From: Craig Milo Rogers
Date: Sat Jul 19 2008 - 16:50:39 EST

On 08.07.19, Rene Herman wrote:
> Really, find me a single Linux developer who wouldn't try just a little bit
> harder for a big 3.0 release. This is still a community, not yet a boring
> office schedule...

I'm afraid that the allure of 3.0 would mean that everyone
would want to get their shiny new subsystem/scheduler
rewrite/bootstrap file format change/whatever incorporated into it,
resulting in a protracted integration period and an unstable system.
According to this line of thought, Linus should simply announce
version 3.0 with no forewarning...

Craig Milo Rogers