Re: Misidentification and failing revalidations of ide dvd-roms withlibata

From: Simen Timian Thoresen
Date: Sun Jul 20 2008 - 16:49:22 EST

Alistair John Strachan wrote:
On Sunday 20 July 2008 20:34:48 Simen Timian Thoresen wrote:
Alan Cox wrote:
[ 155.457098] ata4.00: model number mismatch 'Pioneer DVD-ROM
ATAPIModel DVD-116 0109' != 'PioÃeerÂDVDÂROMÂATAÃIMoÃel ÃVD-Â16 Â010Â'
[ 155.457103] ata4.00: revalidation failed (errno=-19)
So it failed because the data read from the drive was corrupted.

Power supply maybe? Check the rails. The +12VDC must be good.

Hi Alistair,

Good suggestion - I've rebooted and am running the box with one of the DVDroms connected to an external PSU. I'd now expect the one on the internal rail to be the failing one, if either fails.

I'm done ripping CDs for now, but I'm checking to see if I can trigger the same ripping DVDs.

Yours,
-S

--
Simen Thoresen, Dolphin ICS
Systems Administration and Wulfkit Support