Re: [bug, netconsole, SLUB] BUG skbuff_head_cache: Poisonoverwritten

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 07:56:35 EST

* Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I could try run tests with netconsole deactivated, if you think
> > that's a worthwile line of probing this problem. (although that
> > would make me do blind tests in essence - having kernel log output
> > is really essential.)
>
> Let's try this way first. If system will continue to crash, we will
> add some debug options in various pathes. Existing reports do not
> contain enough information unfortunately, so we will not lose too
> much.

ok. I've turned off netconsole - 8 successful bootups in a row so far.
The box is a slow booter/builder with an 8 kernels/hour test throughput,
so if everything goes fine we should have meaningful results in about 10
hours.

( there are other, faster testboxes in -tip testing with 33 kernels/hour
build+boot throughput where we'd have to wait only 2 hours - but as
per Murphy's law they dont trigger this bug ;-)

Ingo