Re: pata_it821x completely broken

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Jul 22 2008 - 14:28:11 EST

> New patch below, this time with DMA forced on RAID volumes - as my firmware
> does not identify the RAID arrays as DMA capable :(

The underlying problem is that the newer libata rewrites the dev->id data
in ways that we can't then patch up. I've actually been hacking on this a
bit today. The existing it821x code was working fine and it does the
needed patching, it just needs to do it in a different place, and that in
turn needs a new ap->ops->read_id() method so it can be hooked.

On the bright side that also allows us to implement a pata_mfm/rll
driver at last.

Alan