Re: [RFC] schedule_timeout_range()

From: Bodo Eggert
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 07:49:07 EST

Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only thing I dislike about explicit times is that when a driver or
> someone doesn't _really_ know how much to specify. Do you say 10s, 100s?
> It shouldn't be arbitrary, but we should have a few constants I think.

You'd replace "Should I use 10 or 100 seconds?" with "Should I use
TIMEOUT_10_SEC or TIMEOUT_100_SEC?", while replacing "I want 40 seconds!"
with "Danmed, I want 40 seconds, but that's not an option!".

BTW: If you don't know about which timeout you should use, you should think
about mowing the lawn instead. ¢¢