Re: kernel: TD structure error TDindex=e

From: Udo van den Heuvel
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 11:52:28 EST

Francois Romieu wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh@xxxxxxxxx> :
>> Francois Romieu wrote:
>>> Can you apply the patch below to get some more information ?
>> Patch applied well.
>> Did come file transfers (recordings from MythTV via MythWeb). Worked Ok
>> until after a few files the system hang. No special logging, though:
>>
>> Jul 20 18:24:31 recorder ntpd[1524]: synchronized to 192.168.10.98,
>> stratum 1
>> Jul 20 18:24:48 recorder kernel: eth0: excessive work at interrupt.
>> Jul 20 18:26:44 recorder kernel: eth0: excessive work at interrupt.
>
> Shit.
>
> Can you apply the bandaid below too ?

With that patch, so far, it doesn't hang. I transfered multiple GB's
from the EN12000 via it's MythTV web interface, receiving the data on my
workstation with wget.
I get transfers of ~40MB/s.
Transfers are 40+MB/s with some small pauses here and there.

I only see sometimes messages like kernel: eth0: excessive work at
interrupt. Not often.

Kind regards,
Udo