Re: Current Git: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0000000001a40ca0

From: Dieter Ries
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 14:17:07 EST

Vegard Nossum schrieb:
Hi,

Dieter: If this is reproducible, it would probably help quite a bit to
configure the kernel with CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG and boot with
slub_debug=FZPUT (unless you already have CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON set, in
which case you are already running with the SLUB debugging at boot).
It might catch the corruption before it becomes fatal, or give us some
more clues anyway.

I am bisecting the bug right now, as it is kind of reproducible. Its always network related, sometimes it happens when init brings up the nics, sometimes afterwards with ifconfig etc.

I will add CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON for the next runs, next time it happens I will post the output.

Vegard

cu
Dieter