Re: Potential iwlwifi locking problem in 2.6.26-git9

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 18:25:13 EST

Theodore Tso wrote:
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 05:36:30PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
Is this a new one? I don't think I've seen this on LKML....

The context of this was I had just booted to 2.6.26-git9, noted with
annoyance that that the iwl4965 driver needed a new microcode file, so
I popped in my EVDO card, downloaded the firmware, moved the firmware
into place, and then got the above error message.

I've since noted that it seems to be utterly refusing to associate
with my wireless access point. This was working just fine with
2.6.26-git6 kernel, so it looks like a recent regression? I just
noticed someone else had recently complained about a similar "refusal
to associate" with the iwl3945 driver.

I noticed the same thing last night; a current git build goes through all the motions, but then fails to associate.