powerpc relocatable vmlinux - how to

From: mihaela elena grigore
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 11:32:56 EST

Can somebody help me with a few indications regarding how to obtain a relocatable vmlinux when compiling the linux kernel for ppc32 ?

For powerpc, by default, the building process results in an ELF 32-bit MSB executable statically linked. I saw that for other architectures it builds, by default, a relocatable elf file.

Why is it statically linked for some architectures and relocatable for others ? How to make it relocatable for ppc32? I assume that changing LDFLAGS_vmlinux to '-r' in the Makefile for ppc is not enough... (i'm using 2.6.11)