Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

From: Simon Arlott
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 14:11:36 EST

On 28/07/08 18:22, Jon Smirl wrote:
On 7/28/08, Simon Arlott <simon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28/07/08 18:05, Jon Smirl wrote:
> On 7/28/08, Simon Arlott <simon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Just because anyone can grep the kernel log for email addresses [to
send
> > spam to], doesn't mean that you need to do it for them.
> >

> You need to be in the file since you have submitted patches using three
aliases.

No, I've submitted patches using three email addresses (well, two - one is
a typo).

That's the whole point of this list. When you submit patches in the
future we can check your name/email against the list and flag it if it
isn't there. That will alert you that you've made a typo.

I don't make typos in my name or email address.

A later version of this list could separate the valid current
names/addresses from the entries that are fixing typos or that have
old emails. That would improve the validation. But I don't have an
automated way to tell me which alias is the current one. Access to the
current LKML subscriber list would supply the needed info as to which
one to pick.

Validation of what?
The current alias is the most recent active one.

I'm not subscribed to the LKML with a public address.
Please Cc: me if you submit a patch for this so I can add a Nacked-By: and/or cleanup the list by removing redundant entires. Even if git-shortlog is changed to distinguish between people who share the same name, it would still be a list of exceptions rather than everyone.

--
Simon Arlott