Re: 2.6.27-rc1: zd1211rw association fails

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 08:09:51 EST

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 08:04 -0400, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:09:55PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > This is about the 100 millionth time this is reported. Please try the
> > patch I just posted.
>
> Yeah, it's really too bad -rc1 got released just before you were able
> to post the fix to this, since if there were 100 million people who
> were trying out kernels starting with -git7 that use wireless, there
> will probably be 200 million people trying out -rc1. :-)
>
> Thanks for finding and fixing it, though. I stopped trying out
> kernels after -git6 since I was travelling at OSCON, and not having
> wireless was a show-stopper for me....

If everybody's going to decide now to hit on _me_, I'll point out that
davem's MQ TX changes broke it, I only heard about the problem once that
was out because nobody had found it earlier, and I was also travelling
at OLS.

Maybe the lesson we could learn from this is to not release an rc1 while
a bunch of important people are at various conferences.

johannes