Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

From: Jon Smirl
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 10:27:25 EST

On 7/29/08, Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Like I told you, I don't. Others do. And while that's not a huge issue in
> >> itself, you harvesting it into your nicely formatted google and spam-base
> >> MAKES it an issue. Just stop this crap. Be away.
> >
> > Google got the list the second it was mailed on LKML. Why haven't you
> > told Google to remove the 1,054 pages that contain your email?
> >
> > http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=508&topic=13511
> >
> > If you really want to spam kernel developers there is a much easier
> > way, just send the message to LKML.
>

> Why does any of this matter? Rene asked you to drop his email from
> your list and refusing to do so is somewhat rude, isn't it?

Rene used his email in the immutable log of a public GPL'd project.
It has become part of the public domain and can't be removed. So new
users of the log are supposed to start editing history to remove
actions from the past?

If you want your email kept private don't use it to submit patches to
a GPL'd project.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx