Re: tools support for non-512 byte sector sizes

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 14:43:31 EST

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Wilcox <matthew@xxxxxx> writes:

Matthew> I'll admit to having not tested it with anything other than
Matthew> 512, but it ought to support 4096 byte sectors just fine. I
Matthew> haven't looked at what would be required to support 520-byte
Matthew> sectors.

I recently added multiple sector support to scsi_debug. On a recent
kernel you can modprobe scsi_debug sector_size=4096.

I have only tested 4KB but it also supports 1 and 2KB.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering