Re: Linux v2.6.27-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 17:45:21 EST

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> But will you accept this stuff now or will we have to wait until
> next merge window?

if the patches are really small adn the resulting build is well tested
(ignoring the actual _move_ operation), I'm ok with taking them.

In fact, in many ways I'd _prefer_ to do it now, rather than have it
pending and then do it durign the next merge window when there are a lot
of non-movement changes too.

> Now is a good time as development just started for next kernel.
> And testing is simple - does it build?

Well, simple and simple. I'd love to see x86 done, but you yourself said
you haven't even dared look at UM. Which is the thing that is most likely
to have odd build things with direct symlinks etc.

(But I haven't looked either. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's all trivial).

Linus