Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

From: Rene Herman
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 08:52:39 EST

On 30-07-08 14:46, Adrian Bunk wrote:

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:37:34AM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
Adrian Bunk wrote:
but as soon as someone puts an email address into a kernel commit
Google will anyway find it:
This doesn't justify what Jon did though.

Jon created a new database out of formerly disparate datasets, even
though we didn't provide him these datasets for this purpose. The fact
that the means to create this database are rather trivial and cheap do
not mean that we implicitly agreed to what he did or that it wouldn't
matter whether we agree to it or not.

You certified:

You only certify anything when _you_ put your address in. Given that it's a very common occurence that not you but _others_ do, this does not mean a _single_ thing. Tested-by, Bisected-by, what have you...

But let us leave this discussion be. It's not going anywhere anyway.

Rene.