PCIe device driver question

From: Sanka Piyaratna
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 12:01:17 EST

Hi,

I am currently developing a PCIe data capture card hardware and the
device drivers to drive this. I have implemented DMA on the data
capture and the scatter-gather DMA is implemented in the hardware. I
am testing this in an X86_64 architecture machine with 4 GB of RAM. I
am able to successfully dma data into any memory (dma) address >
0x0000_0001_0000_0000. However, my problem is to dma data to any
address less than this. When I try to DMA data to an address less than
0x0000_0001_0000_0000, the hardware device hangs indicating that the
address does not exist.

I have implemented the DMA mask to be full 64 bit and my hardware is
capable of transfering data to any address < 8TB. I am using kernel
version 2.6.23.11.

Could you please let me know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks and regards,

Sanka

Find a better answer, faster with the new Yahoo!7 Search. www.yahoo7.com.au/search